chhoti si baat (Small talk)

                    Chhoti si baat 

Me: I need warm water for bath
She: It is summer now. Why do you need it?
Me: true, yet I like warm water for bath
She: It is too quick for the Geyser to heat up these days
Me: Ok I am going to bathroom
She: It should have become quite hot by now.
Me: I just switched on the geyser. Only few minutes in.
She: I know, it is quite fast for geyser to heat up.
Me: Ok, let me wait until I am sure
She: Ok, keep the geyser on as long as you want (with sarcastic  tone)
Me: Ok
She: How does it matter even if electricity bill soar up
Me: Don't worry, I will pay!
She: (Retortingly) Yes, why should I worry?. I know you will pay what ever is that.
Me: Ok
She: Electricity supply is unending (snide remarks)
Me: I know that. But it (a good bath with lot of warm water) is my chhota sa shauk (small hobby)
She: Yes, you must complete your shauks, not matter what season it is, what reason is,
Me: thanks
She: How does it matter if others are deprived (of this limited non-renewable resource)? [Putting blame squarely on me]
Me: Look, I dont have give up to express my empathy with those who do not get warm water for bath.
She: I know that.
Me: Why should not I then enjoy this?
She: Ok, enjoy to your heart content.
Me: Not heart content, I dont want my heart to sink in water,
She: Ok, to your body content
Me: enjoying with only two bucketful of warm water
She: I take bath only with half a bucket. it is enough for me.
Me: Yes, I know that. It is enough for you.
She: It is sheer wastage of water to pour down.
Me: I know that. You dont need as you are so slim (slight flash of humour)
She: Why should you then use two buckets? You too don't need two buckets
Me: Simple, I am motabhai.
She: look, you are not motabai.
Me: What reason should  I give you to satisfy? I am not at the wits' end.
She: look, you dont look like Motabhai.
Me: Oh, I know why you say that. You are Gujju and All Gujju love their motabhai.
She: Yes, look what a great stateman and politician he is?
Me: Yes. I know that.
She: People are jealous, and hence call him motabhai
Me: Very true.
She: He is working so hard with his master to keep India safe
Me: I know that.
She: This lockdown has helped India rein in Covid?
राष्ट्रपति रामनाथ कोविंद ने PM ...
Credit: Aajtak.indiatoday.in

Me: What, Covind? Your really mean Covind...(with mischievous smile)
She: I mean Covid, Corona virus. Not Covind. He is bhola and bhala manus
Me: Yes he is. He is....(mischieveous of me), signs everything that comes his way.
She: You don't need to drag any one in this.
Me: Ok, yes, let us come back. Good opportunity for Motabhai and his master to perform
She: Both are competent to deal with anything
Me: true, opportunity to get away with anything
She: What do you mean?
Me: under lockdown to lockup anything
She: (showing signs of getting fed up) lockup yourself now in bathroom
Me: Ok, Going to bathroom
She: Go Go Go....My cooker in kitchen is blowing its whistle.
Me: Inside bathroom, Great going with hot to warm to luckwarm bath...Wat a relief

Choti si baat between me and my beloved wife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How robust is our pesticide policy? A case of waiting period or post-harvest interval for safe consumption of produce

Probit Analysis of bioassays: Sure, you are seriously talking about it

Pheromone-based Crop Protection: Mating Disruption technology needs many researchable inputs to succeed sustainably